Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tree brooches..


I have had some lovely feedback about my brooches lately. It is so special to know they are loved- I love making them too. It's a very eco friendly process, I hand felt recycled woollen clothing, cut out small shapes and piece together and embroider a picture on each one.  I used to do little plans first with drawings and paintings but now I make them up as I go and pull out the stitches if they don't look right...it's fun and peaceful all at once. These are my latest and are available at
-Reverse Garbage in Woollongabba,
-Cultiver in Ipswich,
-Village Life market, every Sunday 8-12, Northey Street city farm, Windsor
or this Friday 10-4 at a special market at Bleeding heart cafe and gallery on Ann Street,  Brisbane


Take care folks, xkate






No comments: