Thursday, April 9, 2009

peace right now

I am thankful for each and every comment people make about my creations, they have always been so kind and the market night was yet another lovely night, with generous support and encouragement. It rained so it wasn't how I had expected it to be, but it was a good evening. I sat with sound people and had lovely conversations and my sons had a good night playing and enjoying being out.
Life is just what it is, never what you expect it to be, but the less I struggle against it and the more I focus on what is at hand, the calmer and happier I become. It doesn't have to be perfect things don't have to be going the way I wanted them to, or as this lovely song states it
'and I like the feeling of just knowing things are rolling,
even if I don’t know better or worse where we’re going.' Domino by Tara Simmons
The above message is one I take to heart. I think it is a sign that was placed around the streets of London during the 2nd world war(?) but I think it could go up on every wall of my house and on every cities walls, don't we all need some calmness, some peace and action combined?

have a lovely easter all,
xKate


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i also saw that 'keep calm, carry on' print recently online! thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can't wait to take a peek at your 'meet me at mikes' book - exciting!! Are you planning to go to the stitches and craft show? I found a 2-for-1 if you want to share entry! xx melania