Sunday, December 6, 2009

market

Bleeding heart Boutique market(Bleeding Heart cafe, Ann street, Brisbane city) Avid reader little market(Avid Reader bookstore and cafe, Boundary Road, West end) and the bris style market(held at St Augustine church, Racecourse road, Hamilton) have all been on locally over the past 3 days.
More handmade goodness than you could poke a stick at, more warm and kind smiles than I could count. Joan at Bleeding Heart Boutique market.
The support women give each other is nothing short of beautiful and profoundly touching, the past few days I have been held in a very safe nest, pieced together by the small actions of friends, shoppers, other stall holders and more.

Angie at Avid Reader little market.
Natalie at Bleeding Heart.
The veranda of the school of arts building, where the boutique market was held.

Some wee treasures I bought from the bris-style market, including a delightful brooch from edward and lilly.

My stall, which Melinda set up for me, at Avid Readers little market.

Lynne at Avid reader little market.

And the circle of friends gets larger and looser, and my heart spills over when I am with these women and their lovely children. Thanks all who visited and supported my stalls, my friends stalls and to all who came with their smiles, presence and words and made these busy and hectic past few days so enjoyable and affirming.
xkate
P.S-Last market for the year, AVID READER, 18 th, 5.30-8-put it in your diary now!

No comments: