Sunday, June 27, 2010

fricking ace Friday...

Tripitaka wanted to go to the little market at Avid Friday...sorry mr puss!
dear friends who popped in-cheers all, you're so sweet...

on the way in my mum(on a visit to Brisbane) & I stopped in at the Textile art festival
...loved these details...



text, layering

wrapping, spiralling

texure, colour.
The 12 by 12 (http://twelveby12.blogspot.com/)
& elements (darling downs textiles group) quilt displays were fascinating.

I have to mention the most delightful Katie Noonan...
who performed at the Powerhouse this weekend with her new band,
Katie Noonan and the captains
I was so incredibly blessed & lucky to be included on the guest list
-thankyou!!-
blissful tears flowed while I was listening to her, she has one of the most movingly beautiful voices...
visit her myspace
http://www.myspace.com/katienoonan
(i recommend 'never know your luck')
xKate

2 comments:

Bec said...

Ooh Katie Noonan, lucky you.

Thanks for entering my softie giveaway, there were some very creative suggestions and since I knew a few of the contestants (including yourself and lovely Chrissy) I had Gav decide on the winner. He chose Mr Jessiah from Isis Made. She has a lovely blog if you fancy checking it out.

See you soon :)

Wendy said...

Lucky girl! Sounds like an amazing day!