Wednesday, January 27, 2010

a little green friend...

After feeling less than excited about crafting for a while I was very excited about a new shawl I was making. A sweet yet simple crochet shell pattern, made up with a thick black cotton yarn. The yarn ran out.. so I thought it might work to mix in a nice green yarn. Which, alas, was a totally different ply, which made the top bit bulge out all over the place like a muffin top and stuffed the whole thing up. I have 'yanking apart a messed up project fingers' now too, humph. At least it will be easier to follow the pattern now I have had practice at it...lesson learnt-read the instructions *especially the yarn required* section.

I was going to take a 'in progress' picture of my new shawl, instead here's the frog

that visited my kitchen last night

when I accidentally left my un-screened window open. Cute. It's a native green tree frog, quite lovely to have around. And also of note is that it is sitting on clean dishes!!
xkate
p.s
http://www.frogsaustralia.net.au/frogs/display.cfm?frog_id=137
This site has the best resources about froggies, even has recordings of their croaks so you can identify by sound what might be in your area...I think it's a bit cool...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

what a lovely guest :)