Friday, March 18, 2011

re incarnated kimono



I am flattered and excited to have been invited by lovely Melanie from kimono reincarnate to create an artwork for the reincarnated kimono project. In essence the project involves 15 local Brisbane artists reworking pieces from 2 kimonos into original artworks.



The exhibition will take place in Hanasho gallery in West End for the month of April. I will have to steer clear of some of my favourite blogs for a while so I can get my piece finished in time and so that I don't see anyone else's work- I can't wait to see what each of us does but want it to be a surprise when I see works for the first time!
xKate

2 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love teaser shots! I can't wait to see it! Happy creating!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Oh Kate how wonderful! I would love to be able to see the finished result, wish I was closer to Brisbane :-( I hope you all post lots of lovely photos! :-)