Friday, September 25, 2009

high tea venue change

This lovely frocked up lady on a lawn is the face behind the high tea to see...what a cute retro dress, huh?! (Photo by Renata.)
I have a quick spot of news-if you are going to the high tea to see there has been a change of venue. It is now going to be held indoors at De Maloy House, 90 Margaret Street, Toowoomba. The weather has been very gusty and dusty so it will be much sweeter to be indoors.

Also there is another event next week, a Blackstar street party on Thomas Street, West end.

Friendly, warm, funny and funky seem to be the words that pop into my head when I think of past Blackstar events and markets...

It is part of the Brisbane festival and there will be performances from local musicians including the very gifted Matthew Palmer and many others. Blackstar cafe is the driving force behind it and markets and kids area etc, are all being organised by the dynamic duo Vonney and Marty.
I will be there with my bits and bobs and hope to also have a little bit of my own very clever boys work available too!
now keep scrolling down...
too cute!
So next Friday from 5.30 til 10 pm c'mon along if you'd like to support West Ends beautiful and diverse street culture. And tonight is the Avid Reader market too...phew, that's all folks!
xKate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics from the high tea to see, please?

I have been playing with the 'poster sketch' tool on etsy and have made a beautiful looking treasury that includes you, will email it over.

Maybe if I am quick I will manage to upload it, but the treasury is doubly crowded at the moment xox