Tuesday, May 24, 2011

artisans pop up shop




hello,
For Lucy followers I can let you know she has arrived safely at her next destination!
Bye bye sweety.

My spirits were lifted today though by a trip out to Ipswich...Lesa from Red Hot Fibres and I took off for the day and I was delighted to catch up with lovely old friend Rebecca Lewis.


She has worked magic on an empty store in Brisbane street and created another pop up shop!



Working together with Ipswich based artist Kyla their Artisans Pop up shop is filled with beautifully crafted jewellery, clothing, artworks, toys and home wares.



They included some dash robin flower brooches, scarves, hats, hair wraps, bird toys and fingerless gloves. Check it out this week only, details here.


I love having creative friends like this, people who follow their heart and passion really inspire me. I interviewed Rebecca a year ago in my Meet me Mondays interview series so you can find out more here. I have a few folk in mind for some more of these interviews and once my course wraps up this Thursday I will begin working on them. So keep an eye here for some upcoming interviews with some greatly talented locals.

xKate

3 comments:

Lise said...

Your blog page is just awesome. I want one like this... A workshop maybe?

Bec said...

Thanks Kate was so nice to see you two out in sunny Ipswich xx

Baa-Me Kniits said...

A pop up shop is a great idea!
Blogger was making it hard to leave comments the other day but I've come back :-)