Tuesday, September 30, 2008

pom pom tea cozys and owls

This is the little owl complete with pom pom nest and (crocheted)mushroom snack.
He's on his way to my dad, with some little gingerbread-babies, sure to raise a smile?
It was fun making owl and especially adding the rick rack trim... love rick rack. Even the word is great!


And this was a gift I made a couple months back for my friend Teresa, for her birthday. It is a super kitsch pompom tea cosy and took an ridiculous amount of both time and pompoms to make, but it is pretty funny. It is the drag queen of the tea cozy world, all colour and glitter...and as I added the pompoms to an existing tea cozy(picked up from an op shop) there was no hassle of making that up.

It took approximately 7 hours to assemble...I was bored out of my brain so I watched some dvds, including Borat and little miss sunshine and a terrible movie with catherine zeta jones in it which I refuse to even name because it was so bad.

I hope everyone is enjoying this warmer weather and is getting out and about. I got 2 thumbs up from my littlest son yesterday for taking him to the southbank beach area, it has great squirting water features and is totally free.
xdash

No comments: