Wednesday, November 12, 2008

backyard bliss


I am head over heels in love with my backyard. My environment is something I am sensitive to, and living in the city can be such a drag, especially when I spend a lot of time commuting in my car. I am lucky though, I live a couple of blocks walk from the river, and have one of the biggest yards I have ever seen in an urban area. I have a cup of tea first thing in the morning out there and dream up amazing projects and plans...or I just don't think much at all.
Its a great big beautiful mess, rambling, full of weeds, bugs, birds, possums and it is noisy with the sounds of clucking chooks from next door or excited squeals from happy busy kids finding poochiellas*
There is a place in this space for...
little camp-fires....

for old trees to slowly, beautifully disintegrate


for hiding


for climbing

for poochiellas*


for waiting


for gazing

for wandering....


*little known of "furry cute" and very rare creatures found only in our backyard...mostly by little boys called Luka...

p.s...2 markets coming up!

No comments: